I had come across this picture at a rubber stamping site and liked it. As I am not into rubber stamping I tried to come up with other uses of the image and decided it was perfect for my polymer clay painting technique.
- I printed out graphic on paper and cut it out to fit the CD and glued it on to it
- Then I used the narrow ribbon cutting setting on my pasta machine to cut the clay
- Then I used the strips as paint and placed them onto the design glued onto the CD
- Next I smoothed out the strips and
- Then I baked it according to the clay’s directions and let it cool
- To make it shiny I used waterbased Flecto Varathane varnish and backed it again at 250°F for about 15 minutes.
I really liked how this one turned out. The basket weave cane made the perfect border.